KinetX Aerospace has developed software modules in various domains for use in operational system environments such as
KxOrbUtil a rich, powerful set of exceptionally accurate functions for astrodynamics and orbit
mechanics. KxOrbUtil consists of Time Transformation Utilities for transforming between and validating
time formats, Vector Transformation Utilities for transforming state vectors to/from various formats, and a
variety of General Orbit Utilities (SGP4 propagator, geodetic latitude transformation, true pole
displacement calculator, etc.).
In addition, SED has, and continues to make significant contributions to two major projects supported by
KinetX Aerospace: IRIDIUM and MUOS.
KinetX Aerospace Software-specific IRIDIUM contributions include:
- Defining and implementing Orbit Dynamics ground software
- Developing Orbit Dynamics software for gateway
- Optimizing and automating Orbit Dynamics operational capabilities
- Providing integration and test services for ground system and flight control operations
Headed by the US Navys SPAWAR, the Mobile User Objective System (MUOS) is under development to
replace the UFO constellation for the mobile user on the move providing global SATCOM
narrowband (64kpbs and below) connectivity for voice, video and data for US and Allied forces.
KinetX Aerospace Software-specific MUOS contributions span the Network Management Segment, the Satellite Control
Segment, and the Software Integration and Test operation:
- Developing requirements for the management of geographically dispersed MUOS ground resources
- Prototyping visibility into projected and actual communication performance
- Developing requirements for and coding applications to conduct orbit analysis during L&EO and
- Developing operational software
- Developing tools for test and training simulation